Navigation Menu

No longer living in the quiet countryside, we are now quite happy living in the beautiful city of Toronto.
We still offer a fabulous collection of pieces ranging from mid-century modern design to French antiques with quite a lot in between. Interior styling and decorating is also offered.
Please check back frequently as I'll be updating with before and after photos as well as new acquisitions.

Cheers, Roni & Jeff

Friday 23 May 2014

Transforming a Coffee Table into a Bench

I had a vintage mahogany coffee table sans a top. It would have looked lovely with a piece of marble, however I knew it would be too expensive of an option. Trying to find a wood top that would complement it was near impossible and again having a custom piece made was out of the budget. I had a plexi mirror cut down to fit. It looked good, however not very strong.


There were no takers because of the mirror top. Most people have children and didn't want to deal with fingerprints. I then decided to take a piece of plywood, an old couch cushion and some spare fabric and transform this table into a bench.



Not long after starting, I came up with a finished project that I love. I used a classic matelasse fabric to go with the french style of the table base and they look great together. It is has a style that will stand the test of time.




I love when a good idea turns into a great piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment