Navigation Menu

No longer living in the quiet countryside, we are now quite happy living in the beautiful city of Toronto.
We still offer a fabulous collection of pieces ranging from mid-century modern design to French antiques with quite a lot in between. Interior styling and decorating is also offered.
Please check back frequently as I'll be updating with before and after photos as well as new acquisitions.

Cheers, Roni & Jeff

Sunday 18 May 2014

Celebrating Spring

Since we’ve endured such a long, cold winter, I believe most of us our experiencing a strong desire for spring to finally bestow its amazing freshness upon us. Even though we have to wait a bit for spring to arrive full force, we can bring a fresh look to our homes. We can’t quite throw open the windows to let the fresh air in; however we can achieve some renewal in our homes in the form of colour.
Our home is full of colour and I can attest that it simply makes me feel happier to have this brightness in our home. Our previous home was classic in black and white with only touches of red. This time I wanted to be very brave and inject lots of vivid hues into our space.



In our living room we went with a vintage sofa and chair set with its original 1960’s orange fabric still intact. I also had another vintage chair restored in a most sumptuous shade of blue. With cheerful and comfortable cushions tossed about and original and meaningful art in our space, it just makes for a very welcoming place to come home to at the end of the day. I used a backdrop of white so that the colours really come alive.

If you want to play it a bit safer and have a neutral sofa, you can still incorporate colour with throws and pillows. I have a mixture of both homemade and store bought pillows. My pretty peacock feather pillows were once a summer dress.



 You could also have a beautiful area rug to anchor your space with colourful hues. Don’t forget the importance of art. My thought is that art should have meaning to you. Being a strong advocate for vintage, I shy away from commercially manufactured artwork and have pieces from family, friends and from our adventures at flea markets, thrift shops and travelling.



Don’t forget fabulous arrangements of flowers to set things off. I can hardly wait to cut flowers from our own garden.
Cheers to spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment