Navigation Menu

No longer living in the quiet countryside, we are now quite happy living in the beautiful city of Toronto.
We still offer a fabulous collection of pieces ranging from mid-century modern design to French antiques with quite a lot in between. Interior styling and decorating is also offered.
Please check back frequently as I'll be updating with before and after photos as well as new acquisitions.

Cheers, Roni & Jeff

Thursday 24 September 2015

Condo Styling

Over the past month I have been helping a fabulous, young woman style her new condo. The condo had lots of light, a brilliant shade of white on all the walls, modern finishes and pretty good bones to start with. What the condo didn't have was enough of my client's personality. With some discussion and inspirational photos to uncover the end result my client was looking for, I knew I would have fun with this project.
My client had moved in recently and hadn't made too many purchases yet.
The entry was cluttered due to lack of good storage.





My client wanted interior styling for the whole condo.




I immediately thought that switching the living room layout would make a vast improvement to the condo's space limitations. The sofa awkwardly jutted out into the room because of the uneven wall. At my initial consultation I switched the sofa with the TV unit and it immediately opened the space up. There was better flow walking through the condo and the TV is still in plain view.


The dining space was far too dark. With the floor, cabinetry and furniture all being the same tone, there was no variation to add interest to the space.


The den area was also dark and under utilized. My client did not use the desk much and didn't know what purpose to give the room. I thought making it into a cozy library/den would be nice for her.


Her bedroom lacked any personality. The bedding was great however storage was an issue here as well.




After our initial meeting, my mind was swirling with the possibilities for this basically, blank canvas. I immediately began the hunt for pieces with character and style for my client.

In the living space, I added warmth with a vintage teak coffee table. I added some much needed colour in the shape of a beautiful turquoise chair. The sleek, vintage brass bar cart brilliantly serves its purpose while looking so elegant. I adore the vintage turquoise dish rimmed with gold that fits in perfectly with my client's favourite colour.





I kept the TV viewing area simple with a beautifully sculpted deer head with metallic antlers.



The dining area shows a great improvement as well. The vintage teak dining table with various, vintage dining chairs shows such character.



The library/den is a success too. Vintage teak bookshelves fill a once blank wall. My client will now have the pleasure of filling the shelves with her treasures along the way. The area rug makes the space so much more welcoming as does the yellow toned chair. The gallery wall adds interest and colour.



A fabulous, vintage mirror awaits at the entry way. I definitely believe in having a mirror here to check your look before you go out.


The bedroom showed a huge transformation as well. I think this may be my favourite space in the condo. I found an amazing, solid teak divider that I thought would make a fabulous headboard. I also painted a vintage chest of drawers in a wonderful shade of blue, leaving the original brass pulls with their lovely patina. With an inspiring piece of art on the dresser stating 'be amazing', my client will have a wonderful start to her days.


Since I also believe that every house should have a beautiful chandelier somewhere and my client wasn't able to change the lighting, I took it upon myself to create a piece of art for her bedroom space. This was my gift to her for being such a wonderful client.


My client is very happy with the finished project. It happened on time and on budget too. I simply love what I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment