Navigation Menu

No longer living in the quiet countryside, we are now quite happy living in the beautiful city of Toronto.
We still offer a fabulous collection of pieces ranging from mid-century modern design to French antiques with quite a lot in between. Interior styling and decorating is also offered.
Please check back frequently as I'll be updating with before and after photos as well as new acquisitions.

Cheers, Roni & Jeff

Monday 31 December 2012

Studying for the New Year









I have borrowed a stack of absolutely fabulous decorating books from the Toronto Public Library. I have borrowed them before, renewed them many times, now I'm determined to read them all from cover to cover. 'Creative Display' comes from an author from the UK, Geraldine James. It is full of amazing ideas for displaying your special items and collections. 'Modern Vintage Style' I adore. You will find no big box purchases in this book. 'Vintage Remix' is a book based on the L.A. designer, Kishani Perera. Her style has an edge that a scavenger like myself can truly appreciate. If you love working with thrift store finds and flea market treasures, you will welcome the ideas in 'The Find'. Now that I am embracing colours like never before, I can't seem to get enough of the book 'Bazaar Style'. Again, this book shows a multitude of ideas for decorating with vintage treasures and the colours are amazing. Last in the pile is 'Be Your Own Decorator'. Even though the book is working with over 75 acclaimed designers, it still features antiques and vintage pieces. I highly recommend all of these books. Check out your local library! I have always used vintage and antique pieces as part of my home decorating. It is so rewarding to me and let's face it much more frugal for the most part. These pieces have a quality that the majority of new furniture pieces cannot compare to. With much gratitude I am happy to say that my two children that have their own spaces now have also carried on with my practice. Let's make 2013 the year of reclamation! Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment